The Look: Eight Ways to Subtly Rock Sheer This Summer
Unexpected patches of sheer fabric and see-through material add drama to your warm-weather wardrobe.
Peekaboo fabrics turn even the primmest pieces into something sultry for summer. Here, eight pieces for you to covet:
1. Gianvito Rossi Ivy pumps, $845 at Barneys New York, Rittenhouse.
(Styling note: Accessories — like these mostly-sheer pumps — are a subtle way to wear the trend.)
2. Givenchy Rouge Interdit lipstick in Secret Nude, $34 at Sephora, multiple locations.
(Styling note: Keep a revealing ensemble elegant with a nude lip.)
3. REDValentino maxi dress, $1,250 at Net-a-porter.com.
4. Street Level mini tote, $50 at Bloomingdale’s, multiple locations.
5. Gabriella Kiss 18-karat rose-cut diamond earrings, $8,250 at Egan Day, Rittenhouse.
6. Plumetis frilly top, $70 at Zara, Rittenhouse.
7. Zimmermann silk crepon pants, $480 at Net-a-porter.com.
8. Le Specs Luxe oversize sunglasses, $119 at Saks Fifth Avenue, Bala Cynwyd.
Published as “The Look: Sheer Brilliance” in the June 2018 issue of Philadelphia magazine.