Shop Talk: Yet Another Reason to Stop Wearing Heels
Read with coffee: 5 style headlines to know this a.m.
- As if you weren’t convinced by our sneaker post, here’s another reason to give your feet a break once in a while: pump bump, an inflammation of the back of the heel that can stem from wearing closed-toe heels. Eek. [Byrdie]
- Well, this is hilarious/scary/a sign of the end of times: a circa-2004 Juicy Couture jumpsuit is headed for London’s Victoria and Albert Museum. The news of this comes just after the museum declined a collection of Margaret Thatcher’s clothing. Priorities. [Dazed and Confused]
- We can always count on certain fashion bloggers to show us innovative ways to update our wardrobes, and Leandra Medina has done it again. Next time you leave the house, try tying a sweater as a scarf instead of your normal outerwear. [Man Repeller]
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed at the ever-expanding vocabulary around manicures (Squoval? Really?), this nail shape dictionary is everything you need to get exactly what you want next time you visit the nail salon. [Marie Claire]
- Bloomingdale’s is in hot water for running a controversial ad in their holiday catalog. The text reads, “Spike your best friend’s eggnog when they’re not looking,” which many feel promotes date rape culture. [Think Progress]