7 Ways to Add Gorgeous Pops of Color to a Room
Goodbye, greige! Move beyond muted rooms with a few well-placed pops of color that instantly transform mundane spaces into cheery masterpieces. Here, we take some serious inspo from a gorgeous room by interior designer and HGTV host Emily Henderson with a few key pieces that’ll give you the look at home.
1. Mina leather settee in evergreen, $4,698 at Anthropologie
2. Avery armchair, $440 at Joss & Main
3. Starlight vases, from $85 at Lulu & Georgia
4. Watch Me wall clock, $50 at Design Within Reach
5. Kevin O’Brien ombré velvet pillow in Midnight, $310 at ABC Carpet & Home
6. Joya woven basket, $69.95 at CB2
7. Cowhide herringbone rug, $3,872 at Minima
Ask the Expert: How do I incorporate color into a room?
“Choose a handful of colors and repeat them. Then bring in one unifying item, like a rug, painting or coffee table, that pulls all the colors together to create continuity and purpose.”
— Mona Ross Berman, founder and CEO,
Mona Ross Berman Interiors, Manayunk
First published as “Color Theory” in the April 2017 issue of Philadelphia magazine.