Headlines: Study Ranks Philly Near the Bottom in Biz Environment
Big things are happening in Philly. We’ve got new parks, awarding winning restaurant scenes and mega projects are underway all over town. BizPhilly, our new sister site tracking all the business goings on in the region, has some sobering info on the business front: Philly ranks almost dead last in “Business Environment,” according to a recent study from Wallet Hub.
The full report is called Best Places to Start a Business and it looks to “help aspiring entrepreneurs — from restaurant owners to high-tech movers and shakers — maximize their chances for long-term prosperity.” Sure, the city is a leader in Eds and Meds and is starting to develop a tech scene (and office space for it), but the report shows an up and down ride for Philadelphia. While the city ranks 109 out of 150 cities overall, it’s 148 in Best Business Environment (Hint: our corporate taxes are dragging us down). The good news is that we ranked 60 in Access to Resources, which looks at things like financing availability, office space affordability, employee availability and median annual income. Head over to BizPhilly for the rundown.
- South Jersey health system begins $200M hospital revitalization project [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Modernist Monument To Mid-Century Expansion And The Rise Of The Northeast [Hidden City]
- Ask CityLab: Why Can’t I Recycle a Pizza Box? [CityLab]
- Vacancy shored up, building comes back up for sale [Philadelphia Business Journal]
- Walnut Hill neighborhood plan update meeting on Monday, May 4 [West Philly Local]
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home