Morning Headlines: Fishtown Warehouse Could Become 12-story Apartment Tower
Travel up Columbus Boulevard far enough to where it becomes the old Delaware Avenue once again and you’ll see it, a pretty run down box of a building with one of the greatest ghost signs you’ll see in the city, “We Buy Old Rope,” reads the north facing wall on the Edward Corner building in Fishtown. According to Naked Philly, Core Realty owns the property and is planning to construct a 12-story apartment building with ground floor retail there. Will the warehouse be incorporated into the future designs, something that’s becoming increasingly popular these days?
Core Realty’s proposal also calls for 12 townhomes, a r00f deck, 205 parking spaces and possibly office space to the site, which at one time was nautical supplies building. The developers will meet with the Fishtown Neighbors Association on April 14 to present their plans.
Edward Corner Building Coming Down? [Naked Philly]
More Headlines This Way:
- Cherry Hill’s a hot property with developers
- Councilman wants new police station to replace ‘dump’ in North Philadelphia [Newsworks]
- 10 Surprising Wild Animals Spotted in Philadelphia [PhillyMag]
- All Hail the Poconos, Birthplace of America’s Affair With Heart Shaped Furniture [Curbed]
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to [email protected]
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home