The Roof Deck At The Windrift In Avalon Is Ready For Your Wedding
For those of you with your heart set on saying your I Do’s at the Shore, we’ve got another venue for your beach-bound hunt: The Windrift in Avalon just renovated!
After a major revamping both indoors and out, the Windrift is now the only wedding venue on 7 Mile Island with a reception-ready second-level terrace—complete with a roof deck to take in those breathtaking ocean views. Level 2, the new contemporary restaurant and event space—the whole area before was just an open-air deck—creates a sleek and trendy atmosphere that seats 175 guests for dinner or just over 200 for a cocktail reception. (Either way, you can use the roof deck for a cocktail hour in the ocean breeze.)
To go along with the new space, they’ve also got a new wedding package that’ll get you:
- An events coordinator to offer you assistance in planning
- A long list of highly recommended area vendors, from photographers to musicians and florists
- Coordination of all hotel accommodations for guests (including a complimentary wedding-night room for the newlyweds)
- A five-hour premium open bar with one passed customized specialty cocktail
- Cocktail hour with special presentations such as a cheese and antipasto station
- Hot and chilled hors d’oeuvres
- Three-course plated dinner
- A list of optional “enhancers” to make your meal even more special, such as a raw bar or carving station at cocktail hour or a chocolate fountain at dessert
(Oh, and along with the new event space, the Windrift also renovated their guest rooms and suites with everything from flat screens and Wi-Fi to deluxe bedding and Philosophy bath products, so your guests can crash in style and recover from the festivities on the beach the next day.)
Prices begin around $145 per person on Fridays and Sundays and $155 on Saturdays, and while there is no venue fee for your reception, they do require a minimum of 125 guests or a minimum spend of $20,000 on Saturday, with discounts for Friday and Sunday. Currently, they’re limiting weddings to the off-season from September to May. For more information, contact Events Coordinator Jillian Mixner at 609-368-5175 ext. 147 or [email protected]
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.