Pope Francis Parkway Ticket Details Released
Following today’s successful (and quick) disbursal of tickets for Pope Francis’ Independence Hall address, the Archdiocese has announced the details for ticket access for the pope’s two Parkway events.
Some 10,000 tickets for Pope Francis’ appearance at the Saturday Festival of Families will be released on Wednesday, September 9th at 4 p.m. at www.worldmeeting2015.org/tickets.
Then, at 8 p.m., 10,000 more tickets for the pontiff’s Sunday Mass will be available at the same address.
Tickets for these events are, as with the Independence Hall tickets, limited to four per person and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Archdiocese and the World Meeting of Families also insist that there is no cost associated with these tickets. Of course, that’s not stopping some folks (who are destined, no doubt, to an eternity of hellfire and damnation) from trying to make a quick buck or $500 (or $1,000) on Craigslist.
Again, if you’re not fast enough to score tickets to the special tickets-only areas, there are other options for taking in his holiness:
- The pope is going to be parading on the Parkway Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, he’ll parade (officials would not use the term “popemobile” to describe his ride; it’ll probably something quite similar to the modified Jeep Wrangler he used in Ecuador) from Eakins Oval to and around City Hall ahead of the Festival of Families. The second will precede the Sunday Mass. The details have not been confirmed, but it is expected to be shorter than Saturday’s to ensure the service begins on time.
- The World Meeting of Families has also announced the location of all 40 Jumbotrons planned for the Francis Festival Zone:
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway Stage Left (South side of Eakins Oval)
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway Stage Right (North side of Eakins Oval)
- 24th Street & Park Towne Place
- Binswanger Triangle (South Side)
- Binswanger Triangle (North Side)
- Von Colln Field South West
- Von Colln Field North West
- 19th & Spring Garden Streets
- Spring Garden Street between 16th and 17th Streets
- Broad & Green Streets
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway between Oval & 22nd (West) Street
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway between Oval & 22nd (East) Street
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway & 22nd Street
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway between 22nd & 21st Streets
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway & 21st Street
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway & Winter Street (On triangle grass area)
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway & Winter Street (Corner)
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway & 20th Street
- Logan Square & 20th Street
- Logan Square & 19th Street
- Logan Square & 18th Street
- Benjamin Franklin Parkway & 17th Street
- John F. Kennedy Boulevard & 16th Street
- Arch Street & 15th Street
- Municipal Services Building Plaza (Southwest)
- Municipal Services Building Plaza (East)
- City Hall – Market Street East
- Sansom Street (East of Broad Street)
- Broad & Spruce Streets
- Broad & Lombard Streets
- Broad & Wood Streets
- Independence Hall Stage Left (North of Chestnut)
- Independence Hall Stage Left (Block One Center)
- Independence Hall Stage Right(Block One Center)
- Independence Hall Stage Left (Block Two Center)
- Independence Hall Stage Right(Block Two Center)
- Independence Hall Block Two Center
- Independence Hall Block Three South
- 5th Street, North of Chestnut Street
- Franklin Square (North West Corner)
For complete coverage of Pope Francis’ visit to Philadelphia, bookmark Philadelphia magazine’s Pope in Philly page.