Vogue’s Map of Philly Gets Pretty Much Every Detail Wrong
Vogue has published a little a propos of nothing feature in which two of the magazine’s editors from the Philly area kibitz about their favorite spots in the city. Reading Terminal Market, Boathouse Row, etc. Accompanying the piece is a nonsensical map, which perhaps on purpose, has made it seem like the entire city is located within 100 yards of Rittenhouse Square.
OK, let’s tally up the nonsense.
- Love Park is not just south of Logan Square.
- The Liberty Bell is not just north of Rittenhouse Square.
- Rittenhouse Square is not bordered by 19th Street and 19th Street.
- Union Transfer is over by 10th, not 21st street.
- Christ Church is not north of Girard Avenue.
- “Lost and Found” is literally on the other end of the city.
- Glad Vogue is nostalgic for baseball in North Philly, but the Phillies moved out of Shibe Park in 1970.
An intrepid commenter uncovers a few more booboos.
- There is no Arch Street bridge over the Schuylkill.
- Reading Terminal Market is not south of Chestnut.
- Kori actually has brown hair and Caroline has blond hair. Okay, I made that up.