Libs Like the Eagles
And, with no further ado, here it is. This morning, the Scoop hipped you to the coming release of Public Policy Polling’s very important survey on football in Pennsylvania. And, what do you know? They delivered as promised. Let’s hit the highlights:
- 42% say the Steelers are their favorite team, compared to 31% for the Eagles, and 26 percent for someone else.
- Liberals are much more likely to be Iggles fans (40%-28%), while the Steelers faithful are more likely to be conservatives (51%-22%).
- Everyone thinks Ben Roethlisberger is a dick. (They may have a point.) Only 21% of us have a favorable opinion of him, while 38% of us have a negative impression (and the rest don’t care).
- Michael Vick doesn’t get off much easier: 29% of the state’s voters have a favorable impression, while 41% have a negative view. Still, the dog killer is more popular in this state than the alleged rapist, so make of that what you will.
- Both Vick and Roethlisberger are unpopular with white voters. Vick, however, polls quite well among blacks (67-10).
- Eagles fans are considerably more favorable to their QB (48-25) than Steelers fans are to theirs (36-34).
- Oh, and 55% of Penn State fans want JoePa back on the sidelines next year. [PPP]