Pulse: The Immodest Proposal
1. May be the only thing big enough, ever, to force SEPTA to improve its service and infrastructure.
2. Many of the physical amenities — pools, courts, velodromes! — could be willed to the city or school district.
3. Would accelerate residential development at the Navy Yard (to sometime before 2074).
4. Would force local and regional officials to work together — and just might, God willing, spur the rise of a new, less incestuous political class.
5. Cha-ching. The games have become one giant corporate schmooze-fest, and like Sydney and Atlanta, Philly could use the Olympics to lure companies to town.