The Look: 9 Elegant Ways to Embrace Glitz and Glimmer This Season
A little sparkle can be surprisingly sophisticated.
Did you think glittery clothes were just for kids? Think again. Move over, middle-schoolers: These elegant takes on glitz and glimmer make donning sparkles around Philly anything but juvenile. See below for great options (and styling tips!) to create the look for yourself.
1. Saint Laurent Loulou chain bag, $1,190 at Kirna Zabête, Bryn Mawr.
2. Attico feather-trimmed metallic velvet wrap top, $2,035 at Net-a-porter.com.
3. Comme des Garçons metallic trench, $2,025 at Farfetch.com.
4. SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker Rumi Glitter-Toe booties, $475 at Bloomingdale’s, King of Prussia.
5. Christopher Kane silver-tone pleated skirt, $995 at Farfetch.com.
Styling note: Pair contrasting textures — like glossy velvet and shimmering pleats — to create a night-out look.
6. Asha silver necklace, $75 at Stickstonestyle.com.
7. Surratt Beauty Prismatique Eyes eye shadow, $38 at Barneys New York, Rittenhouse.
Styling note: Play up the trend with a swipe of iridescent eye shadow.
8. Clara white gold and diamond earrings, $495 at L. Priori Jewelry, Rittenhouse.
9. Sequined top, $45.90 at Zara, Rittenhouse
Published as “The Look: All That Glitters” in the November 2018 issue of Philadelphia magazine.