Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with These Food and Drink Specials
As if there aren’t enough things going on this week for the Craft Brewers Conference, we can’t forget about Cinco de Mayo—so we pulled together a list of places to celebrate, plus the food and drink specials they’re offering.
- El Rey Cinco de Mayo Block Party: From 12 p.m. to 10 p.m., there will be plenty of tacos, quesadillas, corn on the cob, churros, and of course—beers, margaritas, and Mexican sodas. The event is family-friendly from 12 p.m.-4 p.m. with activities, music, and a special kid’s menu.
- Morgan’s Pier: $7 Margaritas, $6 21st Amendment El Scully, $5.50 Coronas, $4.50 Tecates
- Distrito Philadelphia: $2 Tecates, $2 pollo and carnitas tacos,$3 salsa roja, $5 guac, $5 Feliz margaritas, $5 Mexican city wides. There will also be a DJ from 5-9 p.m. and raffle prizes from Corona and El Jimador.
- Distrito Moorestown: $5 Feliz Margaritas all week, $2 Tecates, $6 Patron shots, $7 Patron margaritas. There will also be giveaways, a Patron bar and lounge, plus a DJ starting at 5 p.m.
- El Poquito: $9 Americano tacos with cheese sauce, $8 salsa con queso with chips (all day); $4 Negro Modelo, Pacifico, Corona bottles and drafts (after 5 p.m.).
- Buena Onda: $5 margaritas, $2 chicken tacos, $2 Tecate cans.
- Tio Flores: Plenty of drink specials including $5 Tio margaritas and $7 Sangaritas (half Tio’s margarita, half Tio’s sangria), and food specials including $3.50 carnitas tacos and $5 beer-battered street corn.
- Café Ynez: Serving two traditional dishes, chile relleno and pollo mole, plus three tacos for $8.50, and BYOB to mix with their $10 carafes of margarita mixers.
- La Casa de tu Madre: $5 Margaritas, $5 City-wide tequila and Tecate, $3 Dos Equis, $5 Taco specials, $5 Mexican hotdogs.
- Heffe: $8 sweet and spicy quesadillas, $6 nachos
- Lolita: $6 blood orange margaritas, half price nachos, $3 tacos (3 p.m.-5 p.m.), $10 Mexico Citywides with a shot of tequila and can of Tecate with a carnitas taco (10 p.m.-midnight).
- Stove & Tap: $5 Mexico Citywides with Negro Model Especial and a shot of tequila, $5 margaritas, and $12 Mexican flatbreads.
What better way to celebrate Mexico’s victory in the Battle of Puebla than with lots and lots of margaritas?