2SP Brewing Is Open and Operational
We’ve been following the creation of 2SP Brewing since its announcement in January. Former Iron Hill Media brewer Bob Barrar is the man in charge of brewing at the Delaware County brewery. Barrar has won 19 Great American Beer Festival medals and another 10 World Beer Cup medals while at Iron Hill. Barrar is joined by Two Stones Pub owners Michael Stiglitz and Ben Muse
Now the Aston, PA brewery (120 Concord Road) is ready to go. Tonight through Thursday, August 6th, from 4 to 7 p.m., 8 beers will be pouring during a series of celebratory happy hours.
After Thursday, 2SP Brewery will be open from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on weekdays, and 12 to 8 p.m. on weekends.
Look for beer bars like Memphis Taproom, Varga Bar, Jose Pistola’s, the Industry Bar, Local 44 and Good Dog, among others to be carrying some of 2SP’s beer starting the week of August 10th.
2SP’s Opening Beers
- Delco Lager is 2SP’s all-weather beer, it’s described as a crisp and clean amber lager.
- Baby Bob Stout is a petite version of a Russian Imperial Stout, the beer Barrar has won 6 Great American Beer Fest medals for.
- The Weiss Wit is a blend of a Berliner Weiss and a Belgian Wit.
- ASAP IPA is another “sessionable IPA” with a malt backbone to balance out the big hops.
- Bellcracker Double IPA weighs in at 8.7% alcohol by volume and is said to be sneaky smooth.
2SP Brewing [Foobooz]