The Lineup For Brewer’s Plate
Mortadella hot dogs from Alla Spina paired with Stoudt’s Karnival Kolsch. Scrapple sliders from White Dog with Dogfish Chicory Stout. Cedar Point debuting with grilled cheese, stuffed with barbecued portabella mushrooms and apple slaw and paired with a pint of Boxcar’s mango-ginger IPA. There’s a reason why Brewer’s Plate is one of the most anticipated food events of the year, and it’s because there is no other opportunity to taste so many one-off dishes paired with so many interesting beers all in one place without kidnapping a dozen chefs and making them cook for you inside a beer warehouse.
As fun as that may sound to some of you, just buying a ticket (for only $70) is a lot easier and will be less likely to land you in the pokey at the end of the day. So, you know… Do that. And in the meantime, check out a list of the participating restaurants and the brewers with whom they have been paired.
Brewer’s Plate 2013
Sunday, March 10
• Brauhaus Schmitz/Street Food Philly and Neshaminy
• City Tap House and Troegs
• Fair Food Farmstand with McKenzie
• Iron Hill and Iron Hill
• Kennett Restaurant and Yards
• Khyber Pub Pass and Sly Fox
• London Grill and Desiato Cider
• Varga Bar and Brooklyn Brewery
• SPTR and Philly Brewing Co.
• Southwark and Nodding Head
• The Belgian Café and Fegleys
• Tria and Victory
• White Dog Café and Dogfish
• Alla Spina and Stoudt’s
• Keatings and Cricket Hill
• Guerrilla Ultima BBQ and Dock Street
• Field House and River Horse
• Bar Ferdinand and Lancaster
• El Camino Real and Weyerbacher
• Cedar Point Bar and Kitchen and Boxcar
• McCrossen’s Tavern and Prism
• Triumph and Triumph
The event, which is a fundraiser for Fair Food Philly, is happening this Sunday, March 10, at the National Constitution Center and the chefs and brewers are already meeting in secret to determine what their dishes will be. The least you can do is buy some tickets and go see what they come up with.
Brewer’s Plate 2013 [Official]