What If I Have Trouble Voting?

Here's the answer to your question.

Hopefully your trip to the voting booth will be smooth as silk. If not, there’s a couple of thing to remember:

• If a polling place isn’t open, call 215-686-1523.

• If you’re hassled or somehow treated unfairly at the polling site, you can contact District Attorney Seth Williams’ Election Day Task Force at 215-686-9641,9643 or 9644. More than 60 assistant prosecutors will be deployed throughout the city to respond quickly to voting irregularities.

• If you have any questions or need to report complaints, you can also call the Committee of 70: 1-855-SEVENTY (1-855-738-3689).

Be sure to know your rights when you go to the polls. If you show up and there’s some question about your eligibility or registration, you have a right to ask for a provisional ballot.

You can check on the status of that provisional ballot — whether it’s been counted or not — by looking at the Pennsylvania Department of State’s website at www.pavoterservices.state.pa.us. You may also check the status of your provisional ballot over the phone by calling 1-877- VOTES-PA (1-877-868-3772). Depending on the volume of provisional ballots cast in a particular election, the status of your provisional ballot may not be available immediately.