This New Philly Fitness Series Will Have You Crushing Your Fall Workouts
Addison Bay's nine-week fall fitness series, which features celeb instructors, starts tomorrow night.
It’s no secret that Philly has a buzzing fitness scene. After all, that’s part of our job here at Be Well Philly: to keep you in the know about all the invigorating workouts, new studio openings, and fun pop-ups happening in and around the city. And although this past summer brought its A game with dozens of fitness events, we knew fall would be equally as generous. (Shameless plug: we’re still going strong with our membership series, which gives you a free fitness class every month.)
Thanks to Philly-based online activewear company Addison Bay, you’re getting another opportunity to keep your heart pumping and body moving this season. Its nine-week fall fitness series, which starts tomorrow night at the sparkling new event venue Location 215, features 50-minute workouts — we’re talking dance cardio, HIIT conditioning, boxing, yoga, and more — led by big-name Philly (and beyond!) fitness instructors. After each sweat sesh, you’ll have the chance to shop Addison Bay’s collection of stylish workout clothes, enjoy light bites, and mingle with other fitness enthusiasts. Plus, every attendee will receive a swag bag full of fitness and wellness goodies.
Sounds awesome, right? Here’s what the full lineup looks like:
- September 12th: Torch’d with celebrity trainer and choreographer Isaac Boots. Expect an intense combo of fat-burning and toning body resistance and dance cardio.
- September 18th: SoulCycle instructor Ryan Lewis will lead bodyweight-based HIIT, followed by guided meditation. In true Lewis fashion, this workout will be Taylor Swift–themed.
- September 25th: Join Beth Gold of Rumble Boxing for 10, three-minute rounds of basic boxing technique and combinations. You’ll be ready for the ring in no time.
- October 2nd: Tone, lengthen, and sculpt your body during dance cardio with Madelaine O’Connell, instructor on Obe Fitness and co-founder of Sweats and Balances.
- October 10th: Boxing meets dancing during this Jabs x Cardio workout with Gina DiNapoli. You’ll punch, kick, and move your hips with dumbbells for extra arm and core toning.
- October 16th: Stretch, strengthen, and de-stress during yoga with Ashley Rufo. Need we say more?
- October 30th: A total-body sculpting class (featuring some yoga and Pilates) with Kate DeGennaro, a Flywheel coach and SLT master instructor.
- November 6th: Join Kathleen Kulikowski for a rhythm-based dance and yoga fusion class known as Krush.
- November 13th: Sweat and slay with Shoshana Katz, founder of BPM Fitness, during an all-levels HIIT workout.
Addison Bay’s founder and CEO, Marguerite Adzick, says this kind of event series has been in the business plan since she launched Addison Bay in August 2018. “The idea was to create a dedicated workout space [in Philly] featuring classes with celebrity instructors and top fashion-forward activewear brands,” Adzick says. “Fitness and fashion can be endorphin-boosting, confidence-building, inspiring, and uplifting — all of which are guiding principles of our brand.”
The series costs $25 per class, and you can buy your tickets here for the nights you wish to attend. Each event runs from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Location 215 (990 Spring Garden Street), with the exception of the one on October 10th, which will be held at Cira Green (80 South 30th Street). You should BYO mat to every session.