The Cheat Sheet: Parc
Brunch is the best thing about a lazy Saturday morning, don’t you think? The eggs, the pancakes … the bottomless mimosas.
The good news is, a brunch date with friends doesn’t have to have to mean sacrificing your healthy eating goals, even if you’re dining at one of Philly’s best restaurants. I took a look at the breakfast and brunch menus at Parc—which came in at No. 35 on Philly Mag’s 50 best restaurants list earlier this year—to see what to order so you don’t overdo it.
Here are my picks.
Psst…Don’t forget to review my tips for eating healthy while dining out! Find them here.
• Two eggs any style with Lyonnais potatoes and sausage >> Tip: Skip the potatoes and substitute fruit or whole grain toast. Opt for turkey sausage.
• Omelets with herb-roasted Idaho potatoes >> Tip: Ask them to go light on the cheese. And if desired, a salad or fruit can be substituted for the potatoes (note that there’s an extra charge for fruit).
• Oatmeal brulée >> Tip: Skip the sugary brulée and go for fruit.
• Yogurt parfait with berries and granola >> Tip: Think of granola as a condiment—order it on the side.
• Curry chicken salad sandwich with avocado, green grapes, and toasted almonds >> Tip: Chicken salad usually packs too much fat, thanks to globs of mayo. But you can still have it—just share half with a friend. Or, take half home for dinner later. And ask for no additional mayonnaise.
Have a restaurant you’d like to see featured in the Cheat Sheet? Let us know in the comments!
Restaurant menus are reviewed by Phillies dietitian and owner of Healthy Bites Katie Cavuto Boyle. In most cases, the individual restaurants were contacted for specific ingredient and recipe information. Note: many restaurants have seasonal menus and some items may not be available.