Your Weekend Music Guide: Where to Catch Live Music Every Weekend This Summer
1. For a sunny, music-filled lunch break in Center City, check out Live @ Lunch at Dilworth Park.
2. Make like the Italians and take an evening stroll during Passyunk Passeggiata in South Philly, where you’ll be serenaded by jazz and oldies bands as you shop at the farmers’ market.
3. Head to Bensalem for We Love Wednesdays at the Penn Community Bank Amphitheater for family-friendly tribute band concerts.
1. Every Thursday at Sister Cities Park, bring rosé and relax to singer-songwriters at Pairings on the Parkway.
2. Catch live acoustic acts as you peruse sidewalk vendors at Manayunk’s weekly Stroll the Street events.
3. Don’t miss the 12th annual Craft & ’Que Series at Normandy Farm in Blue Bell, where they pair steel drums, jazzy pop jams and singer-songwriters with great food.
1. Grab a bite at Wahlburgers and enjoy the solid people-watching at Live Music in the Piazza at Schmidt’s Commons in NoLibs.
2. Wine, cheese, fresh air, sunsets and music … you get all of this at the Summer Wine & Music Series at Crossing Vineyards and Winery in Newtown.
3.Kick back in the sand for the 25-years-running Somers Point Beach Concert Series at William Morrow Beach — free seaside shows that feature rock, blues and jazz.
1. Stake out your spot on the lawn at Excursion Park in Sea Isle City, and get ready to dance to the likes of Journey and Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons at weekly Concerts Under the Stars.
2. Pack a picnic and head to the Bryn Mawr Gazebo for weekly Bryn Mawr Twilight Concerts.
3. At the 40th Street Summer Series in UCity, you’ll hear the West Philadelphia Orchestra (among others) and eat free Ben & Jerry’s.
First published as “Your Weekend Music Guide” in Philadelphia magazine’s June 2017 issue.