Missing Bars? This Fall Tasting Event Brings the Booze to You
Cocktail bars and tasting rooms may remain closed this fall, but spirits haven’t stopped flowing. Get the distillery experience delivered to your doorstep with Meet the Makers, an at-home whiskey and cocktail tasting from Philadelphia magazine that combines guided virtual tasting sessions with top-notch drinks.
Sip whiskey with a former professional football player or learn from a master distiller the best pairings for tequila cocktails. Each 60-minute session will take place on a Thursday or Friday night starting October 8, and some even come with customized swag boxes. Ticket sales end soon on Sunday, September 13, so text your social bubble, reserve your spot, and get ready for an exclusive (and boozy) night.
How It Works
In order to sign up and receive your bottles, you’ll need to complete a few simple steps:
- Pick out a session or two that catches your eye. Whether you’re partial to bourbon or in love with gin, there’s something for everyone (over the age of 21, of course).
- Purchase a ticket to reserve your space. This $25 access fee covers the tasting class and any additional swag.
- Purchase the liquor for that session using the emailed link. Split the cost between friends and you’ll save compared to a typical night out. Plus, the full-size bottles are yours to keep.
- Join the session at its scheduled time using the event link and start sipping while a master distiller or product specialist tells you everything you need to know.
Ready to pick your poison? Each session includes its own distinct bottles, so click to see what’s on the tasting menu for each one.
- A Tour of Scotland: A Wee Dram with 4 Single Malt Specialists: October 8, 6 p.m.
- A Night of Irish Whiskeys: October 8, 8 p.m.
- A Scotch Experience: October 9, 6 p.m.
- The Double Aged Hour with Dewar’s: October 9, 8 p.m.
- Takes Two to Tanqueray: October 15, 6 p.m.
- Savor Sazerac: October 15, 8 p.m.
- Backstage with Bulleit: October 16, 6 p.m.
- Single Malt Scotches: The Glenlivet & Aberlour: October 16, 8 p.m.
- Bailey’s Best: October 22, 6 p.m.
- American Whiskeys: Jefferson’s: October 22, 8 p.m.
- Cheers to Crown Royal: October 23, 6 p.m.
- Reserve Your Night for Woodford Reserve: October 23, 8 p.m.
- A Fabulous Four Roses Bourbon Experience: October 29, 6 p.m.
- An Experience with Templeton + Skrewball: October 29, 8 p.m.
- Don Julio’s Tequila Experience: October 30, 6 p.m.
- A Zacapa Rum Experience: October 30, 8 p.m.
Reserve your Meet the Makers session now before ticket sales end on September 13.This post was produced and paid for by City Studio