Free Foodie Festivals in Montgomery County, Maryland
Maryland’s Montgomery County is providing two great reasons to travel down and taste what their local culinary experts have to offer at the Taste of Wheaton and the Taste of Bethesda this year. These annual food festivals each offer great food, live music, and fun entertainment at a great price: Free! Both food festivals are in close proximity to Metro stations, and only a 30-minute drive from Washington, DC. If you’re looking for a fun trip with friends or family, here are all of the details:
Taste of Wheaton– The annual Taste of Wheaton food festival highlights food samples from the many diverse restaurants in downtown Wheaton. In addition to all the delectable dishes offered, the Taste of Wheaton features a beer garden, cooking demonstrations, food and wine tasting, live music and entertainment, as well as arts & crafts, face painting, and rides for the kids.
- When: Sunday, June 8th from 11am to 5pm.
- Where: The event takes place in the Wheaton Triangle at the corner of Grandview Avenue and Reedie Drive one block from the Wheaton Metro station.
- Admission: Free! Food samples range from $1 to $5 per “taste”.
Taste of Bethesda – Bethesda’s annual Taste of Bethesda festival features delicious food samples from 60 restaurants along with live music and entertainment across five stages. Taste of Bethesda also has a kid’s corner for face painting and arts & crafts.
- When: Sunday, October 5th from 11am to 4pm.
- Where: The event takes place just a few blocks from the Metro in Bethesda’s Woodmont Triangle situated along Norfolk, Fairmont, St. Elmo, Cordell and Del Ray Avenues.
- Admission: Free! Food servings cost one to four tickets. Taste tickets are sold on-site in bundles of four tickets for $5.
For more details on the Taste of Wheaton and the Taste of Bethesda food festivals, please visit here.This is a paid partnership between Visit Montgomery County and Philadelphia Magazine's City/Studio