Date Night in Montgomery County, MD: Blues, Boardwalks, and Chocolate
New and exciting date ideas are just a drive away. If you and your significant other are tired of the same old date night routines, it’s time to book a fun and romantic rendezvous down in Montgomery County, Maryland. Only a 2-hour drive from Philadelphia, and just minutes from Washington, DC, Montgomery County has loads to offer out-of-towners. Here are some itinerary ideas for a fun weekend in town:
- Check in at the American Inn of Bethesda where they are offering a Romantic Package that includes complimentary champagne & chocolates upon your arrival, and complimentary breakfast to get you energized for your weekend activities.
- Start your weekend off at the Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club, a historic venue that houses 300 guests, and a 40’ Art Deco bar and lounge area. The Club offers live music and monthly dance nights in an elegant setting. Make a reservation for intimate dining with a Cajun-inspired cuisine like gumbo and crab cakes to accompany a night of live entertainment.
- Wake up early and head over to the Americana-themed Water.Front.And.Center of the Rio Washingtonian, which features a classic carousel house, a trackless train, and picturesque boardwalk. If the weather is nice, be sure to head out on the lake in paddleboats.
- After some boardwalk fun, head over to Brookside Gardens, an award-winning 50-acre public display garden situated in Wheaton Regional Park. Pack a blanket and lunch and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the gardens.
- Add some aphrodisiacs for dessert at the Farm and Factory Owned Chocolatier, where they import their own exquisite cocoa beans from a farm in the Dominican Republic. Factory tours are available on Saturday afternoons to watch the process behind their premium chocolate.
For more information about these date ideas and other places to visit in Montgomery County, Maryland, please visit here.This is a paid partnership between Visit Montgomery County and Philadelphia Magazine's City/Studio