Shop Talk: 10 Beauty Products That Are a Total Waste of Money
Read with coffee: Five style headlines to know this a.m.
- We’re not saying that everyone’s makeup bag looks like a clip from an episode of Hoarders, but most beauty-lovers do have a tendency to stock up on products we don’t really need. Clear out your cosmetic drawer by ditching these 10 unnecessary beauty products. (Suck it, cellulite cream and hand lotion. Yes, we said hand lotion.) [Pure Wow]
- Ivanka Trump‘s RNC speech might have garnered applause across party lines, but the dress she wore – a blush sheath from her eponymous clothing line – is stirring up controversy for not being made in America. Eek. [The Cut]
- File under: gross, ethically unsound and just plain weird: A Central Saint Martins graduate is using locks of late designer Alexander McQueen’s hair to clone skin samples and create a human leather collection. Fashion tech has officially gone too far. [Refinery29]
- Proof that everyone starts somewhere: Here’s a roundup of the first Instagram photos of famous fashion bloggers. [Elle]
- The baristas at your local Starbucks will soon be looking slightly different: Starbucks is changing up its employee dress codes, so employees can add a bit of personal style to their green aprons. [Cosmopolitan]