Shop Talk: See the Best in Philly Street Style From the Roots Picnic
Read with coffee: Five style headlines to know this a.m.
- Thousands of R&B fans flocked to Festival Pier last weekend as The Roots Picnic swept through town. As usual, stylish Philadelphians showed out in droves, and NY Mag put together a slideshow of the best street style at this year’s Roots Picnic. [The Cut]
- In a perfect world, you’d be able to show up to work in a velour sweatsuit and house slippers. However, the next best (and kind of socially acceptable) option is leggings. Here’s how to pull off wearing leggings to work. Tip: try pairing them with a menswear-inspired blazer for a totally morning-meeting-appropriate look. [Pop Sugar]
- Is there any bigger diva in the fashion industry than Naomi Campbell? Didn’t think so. Her date/stylist for the CFDA Awards, Brandon Maxwell, dished on what it was like to dress Naomi — in between dodging cell phones and pithy remarks, of course. [Elle]
- Sometimes the things we love most hurts us — like coffee or red wine staining the crap out of our teeth. To undo years of Starbucks addiction, learn how to put together a cocktail of turmeric and coconut oil that’ll lift stains. [PureWow]
- Every girl is guilty of holding onto makeup for a little too long. However, it’s probably time to retire that lip balm from middle school — it might be making you sick. Check out the seven items in your makeup bag that carry the most germs. [Cosmopolitan]