Shop Talk: Moms-to-Be, Now You Can Rent Maternity Clothes!
Read with coffee: Five style headlines to know this morning.
- Filed under “wish we had thought of this”: Rentable maternity clothes. Le Tote is a subscription-based company that sends boxes of apparel and accessories to users based on their size and style. Subscribers can return the items at their leisure, or choose to purchase something. And yesterday, Le Tote finally added maternity wear to the mix. May you never have to waste $175 on maternity jeans ever again. [Fast Company]
- Sign of the times: The 2016 Met Gala (aka fashion’s prom) is being sponsored by Apple. Makes sense, as the the theme is “Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology.” What a totally unsexy mouthful of random words! In other news, a co-chair of the gala is Taylor Swift. #squadgoals, indeed.[Vogue]
- So you’ve woken up to find a stray silver hair suddenly sprouting from your head. You’re well on your way to going totally gray, right? Wrong. Here’s everything you need to know about going gray, including whether plucking will cause more to grow (no), and how likely you are to go gray at the same age your mom did (very). [Women’s Health]
- People subscribe to Birchbox to get a monthly collection of makeup samples from various companies. Now they’re taking it one step further: Birchbox has created its own in-house line of makeup products, some of which are available on the site now. [Business of Fashion]
- Need-to-know tip of the day: Editors put four pit stain removal methods to the test and found the best one, once and for all: (drumroll) baking soda mixed with hydrogen peroxide. Watch the video to see how it’s done and sweat on, people. [Huffington Post]