How-To Tuesday: Easy 3-Step Ombre Lip
We’ve seen it on the runways at Dior, Jason Wu and Prabal Gurung: the ombre lip. But how to achieve this killer look without being a professional? Easy. Check out this three-step tutorial to breeze out of the house looking like a model. All you need is a liner and two lipsticks ranging in shades from dark to light.
- Line the outside of your lips in a dark liner. Here, we’ve used Burgundy lip liner by MAC Cosmetics. (Pro tip: Trace over the outside as you stretch your lips for a crisp line.)
- Fill in partially, shading the outer corners of your mouth.
- Apply your medium-tone lipstick over top. We used Ruby Woo by MAC.
- Pop your lightest shade lipstick into the middle of your lips, being sure to blot to blend the colors. We used Myth by MAC.
- Go back and touch up the dark areas to really accent the color gradient happening.