Market Report: The Shoe Styles That Are In and Out for Fall
Read with coffee: The five style headlines you need to know this morning.
- Even though I think that if you love a shoe (like, really love it, the way I love my six-inch wooden clogs) you can wear it despite the fact that fashion mags and style blogs say it’s Totally Out, there are some who are true-blue Fashion Rulebook Followers. For you guys, there’s this handy article on the shoes that are ‘in’ and ‘out’ for fall. The breakdown: OTK boots, low-heeled booties, sneakers and chunky block heels are in. Out: Heavy lug soles, pin-thin stilettos, and riding boots. [WhoWhatWear]
- Cathy Horyn, goddess of all fashion critics, tore down Kanye’s second NYFW presentation, which looked pretty much exactly like his first show: “This second round of drab, broken-down basics proved he can’t be taken seriously as a designer, but nevertheless many people in fashion do seem to take West seriously — they keep showing up expectantly for his performances — and that makes them fools,” she wrote. Ouch. [The Cut]
- Don’t look now, but Abercrombie & Fitch might be making a fashion comeback. [Man Repeller]
- Well, this is an adorable way to kick off your week: Glamour sent a fourth-grade boy to cover Fashion Week and interview the industry’s biggest stars (Rachel Zoe, Nina Garcia, etc.). Check out his interviewing skills here. [Glamour]
- Pants, pants, pants! Finally, they’re no longer divided into two categories — wide and skinny — but cover a huge range of different shapes and proportions: huge skirt-like legs, cropped culottes, high-waisted draped silhouettes. What this means for you: Embrace the massive pants! Not sure how? Bill Cunningham breaks it down and gives great inspiration. [The New York Times]