The 8 Items You Need from Zara’s Fall Collection
While we’d love to be the sort of shopper who upgrades her fall wardrobe by thumbing through lookbooks and reviewing iPad pics taken runway-side, we’re (sigh) not that kind of girl. So while we ogled the seventies-cool looks at Altuzarra, Chloé, Zimmermann and Burberry, we also knew that our love would go unrequited — until Zara swooped in with its own iterations. And now those iterations are here.
Zara’s newly released fall collection includes everything shearling, wide-legged, embroidered and billowing that you could ever want. Here’s how to shop it: Resist the urge to buy in bulk. You want to use these wallet-friendly options to inject hints of the trend into your wardrobe, not look like a walking Zara ad. We’ve boiled the collection down to the eight top buys. Pick a few, sprinkle them throughout your outfits and enjoy looking like a ’70s dream this fall.
- With all the warmth of a natural hide at a breathable length, a short paneled leather skirt ($69.90) is an amazing transitional season piece. Be sure to pair with a skinny turtleneck.
- Nothing says bohemian gypsy soul quite like some printed velvet trousers ($69.90). Styling tip: Pair it with a solid top and leather shoes for an everyday wearability.
- All hail the knitted maxi dress ($69.90). The long skirt echoes those breezy beach sunsets, with a texture perfect for layering.
- An understated tunic with side slits ($89.90) — reminiscent of Ellery’s modern cuts — is the perfect top for work and play, with a high neckline that practically begs for slicked hair or a severe pony.
- Up your layering game with a faux suede cropped overshirt ($49.90). Have no clue how to wear it? See Zara’s styling for reference.
- Ditch summer’s overalls for Zara’s forest-green faux leather dungarees ($49.90) which, when paired with tights and a long-sleeved top, are actually office-friendly.
- The coat of the season is one with chunky shearling accents. This wool jacket with statement lapels ($99.90) will keep you cozy while still looking stylish.
- The easiest way to add a dash of seventies style to your look is with a skinny scarf ($9.90). Loop it casually around your neck or leave it long and loose for a shaggy rocker vibe.