Property’s Photo of the Week: The Calm Before the Papal Storm
Follow Philadelphia magazine’s live coverage of Pope Francis’s historic visit all weekend long.
The past few days have been weird. First, an army of porta-potties (along with a bunch of other stuff) appeared seemingly overnight in and around the Philly’s core. Next, one by one, some of our fellow Philadelphians began to disappear and be replaced by WMOF pilgrims…. Then, quite suddenly, this morning was totally dead.
Call it the calm before the storm – as illustrated here by the zen sunrises (sets?) of the last few days – but the bewilderingly empty streets have left a post apocalyptic vibe to the city. But you can forget its foreboding name because the Popeocalypse has, thus far, been a blast for bicyclists, pedestrians, this guy, and even some drivers who ditched their cars in favor of SEPTA and – *clutches pearls* – liked it. Now, we have only to see how the weekend will unfold
So, tell us – are you excited for the impending papal storm?
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to [email protected]
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #phillyscape on your cool Instagram and Twitter pictures. We might just pick yours to be Property’s next Photo of the Week!