Property’s Photo of the Week: Reflections on Philly’s Hot NFL Stadium
Ah, the Linc. Home to the Eagles and Temple University’s Division I football team, it’s easy to forget the still relatively shiny sports venue is also a wonderful example of modern green construction and a gracious host to several entertainers and their droves of enthusiastic fans.
Opening in 2003, the Lincoln Financial Field received a slew of energy-efficient additions less than ten years later, earning it praises for its turn to sustainability. The Urban Green Energy company, for example, hails the Linc as a zero waste facility and “the first professional stadium in the US capable of generating all of its electricity onsite” thanks to its solar panels and fourteen turbines.
Since its opening, the venue has hosted many concerts and more recently became the first NFL stadium to have a comedian – Philly’s own Kevin Hart, of course – headlining. (Fun fact: Hart is the first comedian in history to headline an NFL stadium.) This photo by @r.zntch was taken a few hours before the event.
Obviously, it was only a matter of time before a picture of the stadium snuck into our Photo of the Week collection. Speaking of which, if anyone is going to see the Eagles v. Cowboys game on the 20th, be sure to snap us a #phillyscape pic!
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to email@example.com
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #phillyscape on your cool Instagram and Twitter pictures. We might just pick yours to be Property’s next Photo of the Week!