Headlines: Changes Are Afoot Near Nomad Pizza in Bella Vista
We were munching on some delicious wood fired goodness at Nomad Pizza this week and noticed one of those fire orange zoning stickers afixed to the outside of a warehouse directly across tiny Kater Street (and also across 7th Street from Good King Tavern). It turns out that a developer has plans to demolish the warehouse in favor of a new three-story building with a roof deck.
Four apartments with a yet-to-be-announced retail tenant on the ground floor would replace the warehouse. Naked Philly reports that the developers have already met with the Bella Vista Neighbors Association and needed the zoning variance because “the project calls for 100% lot coverage, same as the building the developers want to tear down.” It looks like the ZBA approved the application on June 23.
- Upgrade Planned at 7th & Kater [Naked Philly]
- The Town Shrink [The New York Times]
- Can inland cities compete with coastal hubs for investor dollars? [JLL]
- Historic recognition won’t save Roxborough house from demolition [PlanPhilly]
- Stunning Modern House Lets The Sun Shine In Through Roof [Curbed Philly]
- Building Trails From The Past To The Future In Fairmount Park [Hidden City]
Get at us:
- Send all tips (including fancy Philly area houses like this and this) to [email protected]
- Like Property on Facebook!
- Follow along on the Twitter machine @PropertyPhilly
- Get pin-happy on our fun Pinterest boards Phillyscape and Philly Home
- Don’t forget to use the hashtag #phillyscape on your cool Instagram and Twitter pictures. We might just pick yours to be Property’s next Photo of the Week!