Morning Headlines: Navy Yard Nabs Another HQ
Add another notch in the belt for the Navy Yard: Bala Cynwyd-based NXTsports, which is an organization that offers sports education, events and facilities management, will relocate to the corporate campus that’s home to Urban Outfitters, Glaxo SmithKline and many others. From the Philadelphia Business Journal:
NXTsports currently leases space at 555 City Ave. and considered remaining in the building when it launched its search. It also looked at other office properties in Bala Cynwyd, Conshohocken, Pa., and at the Navy Yard.
“We love the vibe down there,” said Joel Zuercher, chief operating officer and general counsel at the company. “We are a young, energetic company and it seems like that is the place to be for a growing business such as ours.”
NXTsports has gone from three employees to 20 in the last three years and it expects to continue growing. The new space will give its some extra room to accommodate that growth.
More headlines, this way…
• Despite high court order, NJ panel fails to adopt affordable housing rules
• Multimillion-dollar upgrade complete at Mt. Airy’s Pleasant Playground [Newsworks]
• OMA and Philadelphia’s OLIN Named Winners of D.C. Bridge Park Design Competition [Architectural Record]
• Casino resisting Donald Trump’s bid to remove name [AP]
• Historic district is recognized in Chesco’s Oxford Borough [philly.com]