Morning Headlines: Developer Building Legal Airbnb in Philly
There are, as of publishing time, less than 1,000 Airbnb vacation rentals in Philadelphia (with prices ranging from $20 to $130/night). But a legal one is still in progress.
Postgreen Homes and Equinox Management & Construction is constructing an apartment building with a unit specifically for this purpose. The idea wasn’t out of the blue: the developers mentioned the vacation rental when applying for the building permit way back when. It would make Bill Green proud…
• Can Bill Green — Who Has Used Airbnb — Make the Service Legal Before He Leaves?
• This might be the first legal Airbnb rental in Philadelphia [Technical.ly Philly]
• Airbnb, a sort of Couchsurfing for profit [Philly.com]
Meanwhile, in other property news…
• Plan for Gallery Kmart: Not just one store [Inquirer]
• Sneak peek: What 1900 Market St. might look like [Philadelphia Business Journal]
• SugarHouse could end up not worth its debt [Double Down]
• Pedestrian Streets: Past, Present, and Future Footways [Hidden City]