Midday Headlines: Big Changes in the Italian Market
• Expect to see an improved Italian Market this upcoming year. The Inquirer’s Jeff Gammage writes that the vacant outdoor stands will finally be filled by vendors.
• Emma Jacobs of Newsworks highlights the progress of a 15-year renovation for St. Francis de Sales church in West Philadelphia. Slow and steady wins the race?
• “The new Cira Center + Evo are going to add so much to the skyline,” says reddit user NDPhilly in reference to the cool Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram posted by user InfiniteRelease.
• The Philadelphia Business Journal counts 11 Atlantic City casinos still standing. Why 11? The Atlantic City Casino Hotel just closed this past weekend.
• When exactly will the city do something with the former Provident Mutual Life Insurance campus at 4601 Market? Eyes on the Street Editor Ashley Hahn predicts a long road ahead for the project.
• Lou Mancinelli of Naked Philly says the four-story West Philly home currently being built could still stick out from the rest of its neighbors.
• Let’s hope 2014 breaths new life into Atlantic City. Newsworks’ Phil Gregory reports on Gov. Christie’s revitalization plans for the new year.