Here Are All the Details About Cescaphe’s Renovation of Water Works
A few months back we shared with you the news that the historic Water Works Restaurant & Lounge was set to join Cescaphe Event Group‘s popular roster of event venues here in Philly. The iconic space—which offers some of the most amazing views in the city—has seen quite a few weddings in its 200-year history, and we expect there to be plenty more now that Cescaphe plans to do some major renovations.
The new venue is a welcomed addition for Cescaphe—this is their sixth property—and brings with it two firsts for the company: Water Works will feature the group’s first outdoor reception location (the Grand Pavilion will be used for outdoor ceremonies and receptions from April through October) and, for the first time ever, they’ll be able to accommodate smaller parties of 125 guests or fewer.
There’s lots of excitement going on and plenty to know if you’re thinking of hosting your wedding at Water Works, so here’s a breakdown of your options and what you can expect from the renovations:
- The Engine House is the main focus of the renovations, and has been freshly painted and updated with new trimmings, fixtures and hardwood flooring. The Veranda off of the Engine House now boasts a new gray and ivory striped tent. Capacity for this space is 85-140 seated guests.
- The Engine House’s former bar area will be transformed into a bridal suite with a private outdoor veranda and private restrooms. (It’s set to be completed in early 2016.)
- In addition to a complete restoration of the exterior columns and stucco, custom tenting will be added to the Grand Pavilion so that the space can be expanded on both sides to fit up to 175 seated guests (minimum capacity is 125).
- For larger guest lists, cocktail-style weddings can be held inside the Engine House or you can opt for a tented party on the Mill House Deck, which fits up to 400 people.
- Ceremonies can also be held outdoors in Water Works’ gazebo.
It’s safe to say the venue is pretty flexible, no matter the size or style of your Big Day. The Cescaphe team is currently booking weddings for 2016 and will begin booking 2017 dates in January. To schedule a tour, give them a call at 215-238-5750.
RELATED: Water Works Is Becoming Cescaphe’s Newest Wedding Venue
Like PW on Facebook | Follow PW on Twitter | Sign up for the PW newsletter
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.