WATCH: Eagles Fans Already Booing QB Carson Wentz
But how did Wentz’s first trip to Philadelphia as a member of the Eagles go? Well …
The scene: Wentz arrives at PHL Airport earlier this afternoon. A pack of reporters was there to greet him, including CBS 3 Sports Director Don Bell, who broadcast the above video live on Facebook. Also in attendance were a few Eagles fans, who immediately went up to the 23-year-old Eagles QB of the future and asked him for an autograph.
Then things got, um, silly.
A few people asked him for autographs. Repeatedly. They asked him so much that one man off camera eventually said, “Give him a break. He just fuckin’ got here.”
Several of the things said to and/or yelled at Carson Wentz at PHL Airport:
- “E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!” (obviously)
- “You won’t even sign for me?”
- “It’s gotta be crazy, man.”
- “Come on, Carson.”
- “You won’t sign for a season ticket holder?”
- “Carson, there’s five of us.”
- “You’re not lookin’ good on the news!”
- “Come on, Carson, you’re better than this.”
- “He’s a prick, ain’t he?”
- “Boo! Already! We’re gonna boo you already!”
- “Come on! One each, Carson?”
Welcome to Philadelphia, Carson Wentz! If you’re any good, you can look forward to many, many more years of this.
Follow @dhm on Twitter.