FBI Renews Focus on “Cold” Imbo-Petrone Case
FBI created new cold case initiative to tackle Imbo-Petrone case. Couple vanished from South St.10 yrs ago today. pic.twitter.com/eCyoTLeUan
— Dana DiFilippo (@DanaDiFilippo) February 19, 2015
The FBI today observed the 10th anniversary of the disappearance of Richard Petrone Jr. and Danielle Imbo; the pair were last seen on Feb. 19th, 2005 on South Street.
A $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the resolution of the mystery.
AP reports on today’s FBI press conference:
At an FBI news conference in Philadelphia, officials said they believe the couple were victims of foul play, and that more than one perpetrator was likely involved.
The FBI says law enforcement is aggressively pursuing leads developed over the past two years. No details were given.
Federal officials have renewed their investigation of the disappearance by assigning the matter to a cold-case squad.
“The idea here is to start fresh,” FBI agent Vito Roselli, told Philly Mag’s Steve Volk last week. (He wrote about the disappearance for the magazine last year.) “We’re looking at every tip, every lead, and we’re going to close off some possibilities and see what we’re left with.”