WEEKEND ROUNDUP: Brittany Lynn Does AC, Mr. Gay Philadelphia 2014 and More
Atlantic City is going to get a little gayer this weekend when Philly drag queen Brittany Lynn debuts her new weekly show at Trump Taj Mahal, This will be Ms. Lynn’s first time hosting a regular show in AC since . Since then AC has been regaining some of its gay power, first with the recent , and a string of LGBT events, like Sandblast Weekend, hosted throughout the summer and fall.
The concept of The Royal Burlesque, Lynn tells us, is an all-male burlesque show, “where queens come to meet their kings.” She says she’s bringing in a crop of local talent each week, including Venture Inn bartender/singer Billy Cavallo, drag personas Joey Martini and Mistor Farenheit, and Liberty City Kings Drag and Burlesque matriarch Lascivious Jane. All of the insanity will go down in the Trump Taj Mahal’s new, state-of-the-art Black Box Cabaret so the show is up close and personal. Sunday, June 22, 9:00 p.m., $10, Taj Mahal Casino Hotel, 1000 Boardwalk, Atlantic City.
- GALAEI hosts its 19th annual Philadelphia Alternative Prom. G Philly will be there greeting guests on the red carpet, Joan Rivers style.
- Join Icon Ebony Fierce at , the ’90s edition.
- Celebrate marriage equality with “ at M Restaurant.
- explores queer politics and life using the power of music.
- Feeling thirsty? Tag along on the to quench your thirst. It starts at Tavern on Camac and eds at the …
- competitions, which has it all, hot men, sickening judges, and musical performances. And don’t forget the hot men.
- Jog on over to Tabu’s a party to benefit Philly’s thriving LGBT sports scene.
- comes to the Oaklyn, New Jersey’s Ritz Theatre.
- Go on a with Bev, Iris Spectre, and and a gaggle of other crazy drag queens.
- Icandy kicks off the summer with the launch of its first-annual . (Wear pink for free admission.)
- Help MANNA find the best guacamole in Philly at its .
- Cheer on your fellow gays and allies at as teams enter their second week.
- Streets Dept.’s Conrad Benner celebrates SEPTA’s new all-night weekend train service with a “Midnight-Thirty Subway Ride.”