Monday Kickstarter: Jodie Foster Becomes World’s Most Famous Lesbian
Plus: Video from iCandy's bootylicious Friday-night soiree.
I trolled the web for news all weekend so you wouldn’t have to.
- Laura Calvo, a transgender activist from Portland, Ore., becomes the first trans woman elected to the Democratic National Committee. Congrats, girl! —The Advocate
- On her MSNBC show on Friday, Rachel Maddow offered up a touching eulogy to PFLAG founder Jeanne Manford, who died last Tuesday. NSFW if you don’t want to be caught sobbing like a lonely baby in your cubicle. —Huffington Post
- Are you as ticked off as I am about these anti-gay-marriage protests in France? Paris, I thought you were so much cooler than that. Le booooooo! —HuffPost Gay Voices
- Jodie Foster came out last night on the Golden Globes, citing privacy as the reason it took her so long to do it. She’s serious about a person’s right to do things their way. Read her essay about privacy in Hollywood that she wrote last April following the highly publicized Robert Pattinson/Kristen Stewart breakup fiasco. —The Daily Beast
- Calvin Klein revealed his fall 2013 men’s line yesterday in Milan. —Out Magazine
- On February 3, Destiny’s Child will reunite during the Super Bowl’s half-time show. Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams will join
mic hogheadliner Beyoncé for a medley of DC hits and a performance of their newest single, “Nuclear,” which will appear on the group’s upcoming compilation, Love Songs. —Rolling Stone
- Britney Spears seems to be making a habit of leaving things in the dust lately. Mere moments after announcing she will not return to the X-Factor, the pop tart revealed that she ended her yearlong engagement to her talent-agent fiancé, Jason Trawick. Her reason for all this change? A 100-million-dollar Vegas deal, maybe? —Perez Hilton
- Have you seen the behind-the-scene photos from David Beckham‘s new H&M underwear campaign? If you ask me, the real-life stuff’s so much hotter than the air-brushed ads we’ll see later. —Out Magazine
- Stimulus Philly released photos from their inaugural Back to Basics party this weekend at Square Peg. By all accounts, the new weekly bash got off to a “killer” start.
- Check out this cutie working it in Brittany Lynn’s Booty Shake contest Friday at iCandy.