Lottery Winner Died of Cyanide Poisoning

We’ve all heard stories about how winning the lottery can actually suck for the winners. But this has to be some kind of record: Back in June, Urooj Khan of Chicago claimed a $1 million lottery prize. He picked up his winnings the next month—and then died a day after that. Apparently there’s more than bad luck at work: Officials confirmed this week that Khan died of cyanide poisoning, meaning the lottery winner was probably murdered. Khan’s body will probably be exhumed for further examination; his widow isn’t talking to the press. The lesson? The first thing you should do with lottery winnings is to buy yourself a food taster. [Fox News]