WEEKEND ROUNDUP: The Weird Beard Review, Stimulus’s Winter Wonderland Ball and More
This atrociously cold weather has those of us with clean-shaven faces wishing we’d jumped on the scruff wagon a long time ago. (An all-natural face-warmer? Yes, please!) But if you haven’t had time to grow out your whiskers just yet, you can at least cozy up to some boys who have. Enter our upick of the week, “The Weird Beard Revue.”
Produced by, who else, Josh Schonewolf, the kickoff of the now-monthly event will be hosted by Boylesque star Mistor Fahreneheit and buzzing with some of the Philly’s scruff-sexiest talents. Slated to perform is Philly dancer/choreographer Gunnar Montana (who teased on Facebook that he’ll be “ …pretty damn naked again.”); burlesquer Brettzo; Songbird’s Robert Anthony; Liberty City Kings Drag and Burlesque’s Tasker Morris; and world-champion ukulele player Eric Jaffe. Fri., Jan., 24, 8 p.m. (show), $10, L’Etage, 624 S. Sixth St.
- International House’s “Free to Love: Cinema of the Sexual Revolution” film festival presents bisexual cult classic Score
- Join Raíces Culturales Latinoamericanas and GALEI for “El Gran Varón” — a showcase of works both new and old
- Martha Graham Cracker stars in the Pig Iron Annual Benefit Cabaret “Lights! Ham-era! Action!”
- Get your advocacy on at Women Against Abuse’s benefit at The Mitten
- Head to Stimulus’s fourth Annual Winter Wonderland Ball — a party with a cause
- The Slam Up Tour brings queer comedy and poetry to Giovanni’s Room through music and spoken-word performances
- You only have one more weekend to climb The Stairwell Symphony. Do it gracefully
- Fire and Ice hosts the one-year anniversary of Drag Yourself to Brunch
- Feeling shimmy-licious? Liberty City Kings Drag and Burlesque (LiCK) is throwing its winter auditions
- The Philadelphia Voices of Pride present “No Passport Required,” an evening of songs from around the globe
- Barbarism takes over Fleisher Art Memorial — bringing with it a combination of feminism, NSFW videos, interactive wall-coloring and more.
- Channel your inner diva and belt out the classics at Saturday Karaoke at Stir.
- LiCK is serving up glitter and grits at Tabu’s drag brunch
- Sara Sherr hosts Soul & R&B Karaoke at Bob and Barbara’s
Have an event you’d like featured on Weekend Roundup? Email details to email@example.com.