Hearty New Dishes at Brauhaus Schmitz
Today, Wednesday, October 21, Brauhaus Schmitz rolls out its new fall menu. The menu features new dishes created by Brauhaus Schmitz’s creative and always entertaining chef de cuisine, Henrik Ringbom.
The menu showcases flavors of the season in stick-to-the-rib German preparations.
Among the new dishes from Ringbom:
- Gluhwein Pear Salat, red oak lettuce with blue cheese dressing and blue cheese crumbles, plus toasted walnuts, two-year-aged house-cured ham and pears poached sous vide in gluhwein
- Rosenkohl Salat, roasted Brussels sprouts with Maggi-garlic dressing, toasted chestnuts and grated aged gouda
- Parsnip Soup, a vegetarian soup of parsnips cooked with onions, nutmeg, allspice, chili powder, bay leaf, sage oil, cream, butter and smoked and fried hen of the woods mushrooms
- Maultaschen, “German Ravioli” stuffed with roast pork and potato seasoned with mustard, thyme and Maggi, topped with a creamy truffle sauce, pumpernickel streusel and aged gouda
- Pan-Seared Cod pan-seared with herb butter and served with roasted cauliflower, butternut squash and Romanesco over creamed leeks, topped with dill
- Duck Breast, pan-seared and served with sweet-and-sour red wine sauce, accompanied by pickled grapes, baked Savoy cabbage and sumac
- Pilzkroketten, wild mushroom kroketten with barley risotto, gouda and thyme, served with marinated red-and-green cabbage salad and golden raisins
- Rouladen, braised beef roll stuffed with pickle, onion and bacon covered in red wine sauce and crispy onions with spätzle and red cabbage
Brauhaus Schmitz [Foobooz]