Rally for the Rail Park This Saturday
The High Line in New York has provided Philadelphia with a blueprint of what to do with the Reading Viaduct in Philadelphia. But a good idea needs money. And this week the Friends of the Rail Park are hosting a fundraiser along the viaduct.
The party starts at sunset, and what better way to start a party than with a pig roast, pizza, and more from the Thirteenth Street Kitchens (Cafe Lift, Prohibition Taproom, and Bufad). Rival Bros. will be providing coffee to keep the party going, alongside beer from Yards Brewing Co.
And when the sun goes down, the party really starts. Belly dancing fire throwers will be doing just that, amongst some other awesome entertainment:
- The Wait Staff — sketch comedy troupe
- Animated Architecture — 3D storytelling through video art, curated by Sean Stoops and sponsored by The Garden Collaborative
- New Sound Brass Band — Philly-based brass band made up of 2 St. Mummers
- Pop Up Printing — Make your own silkscreened Rail Park t-shirts
- DJ Lucky 7 and Maggie’s Rooftop Aeria
Tickets can be purchased here, and are priced as such:
- Sunset Dinner for Supporters (includes After-Party) = $30 in advance / $35 at the door.
- After-Party = $10 in advance / $15 at the door.
All proceeds go towards funding the first phase of the Reading Viaduct Rail Park.
Get on the Viaduct at 12th and Noble Streets. The party runs from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m., this Saturday the 14th.