The Year In Bells
Craig LaBan looks back on the year that was in Philadelphia’s thriving dining scene and along the way he makes some adjustments to earlier grades.
Five restaurants were revisited with two getting bumps and one an unceremonious demotion.
- Meme went from two to three bells.
- Alison two went up from one bell to two.
- El Camino Real didn’t fare any better in its re-review, the Tex/Mex bar remains at one bell.
- LaBan had another “see-saw meal” at Noble: American Cookery and the stylish space sticks with one bell.
- Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House got slammed even harder in its December inspection and LaBan dropped the steakhouse to the dreaded No Bells.
What 2009 put on our tables [Philadelphia Inquirer]