What We’re Anticipating For Fall
It’s after Labor Day and summer is at least unofficially over. So now it’s time for the serious business of school and restaurant openings.
Here are the openings that we’re really anticipating.
- Fish – We’re intrigued to see what Mike Stollenwerk can do in a space bigger than Cole Hamels’ bathroom.
- Resurrection Ale House – The third installment in the Leigh and Spanky good beer empire is in Center City South. This one promising to be more bistro than bar. Just what the neighborhood needs.
- Stella Pizza (Or whatever it will be called)- We hope Stephen Starr’s pizza spot blows everyone away. So much so that we can finally put the “New York pizza is better because of the water” theory to rest.
- Percy Street Barbecue – We loved Erin O’Shea’s cooking at Marigold. We look forward to what she can do with barbecue on South Street.
- Rubb – We got a taste of Matt Levin’s barbecue at the Gary Maddox BBQ in early August and we look forward to trying his Manayunk location.
- R2L – Daniel Stern’s restaurant high atop 2 Liberty Place view will be reason enough to go.