Headhouse Square Market Opens Sunday
This weekend’s wonderful weather had us thinking of farmers’ markets and specifically, the Food Trust’s Headhouse Square Farmers’ market which kicks off this Sunday.
Opening day begins at 10am and includes live music, cookbook signings and of course the latest in fresh produce, meats, cheeses and artisinal foods.
Also of note this year, Bryan Sikora and Aimee Olexy of Talula’s Table have dropped a suburban market in order to bring more of their delicacies into the city. There will also be more local music all season long.
The Saturday market will start the following Saturday (May 9) and will also run from 10am to 2pm. Initially 6 vendors will fill the area on Saturdays, expanding to 10 as the season progresses.
Among the Saturday vendors:
- Henry Fisher – Eggs, cheeses, yogurts, fruit and vegetables
- Davidson Mushrooms – Mushrooms
- Young’s Gardens – Plants, flowers, flora arrnagements
- Two Ganders – Cut flowers, potted plants, hone, beeswax cosmetics
- Blackbird Heritage Farms – Organic vegetables, watermelon, lettuce, cherries, etc.
- Spice of Life – Gluten free breads and baked goods
Headhouse Farmer’s Market [The Food Trust]