Union Trust Podcast
KYW’s Lauren Lipton talks with Ed Doherty and Terry White about their new project, Union Trust. The 18 minute interview touches on the rich history of the building and the plans for the opulent steakhouse.
Among the details:
- 65 foot ceilings.
- The building opened as Quaker City Bank, then was Union Trust and for a short time was used as the Federal Reserve before becoming Jack Kellmer jewelers.
- There are 3 private dining rooms including one on the mezzanine overlooking the main floor.
- The 4th floor will house a private lounge.
- 3 vaults are being converted into refrigerated wine vaults.
- The Pastry kitchen will also occupy a converted vault.
- 3 Montague broilers have been purchased for the restaurant.
- More than just steak, seafood, charcuterie and raw bar will make it an attractive option for more than just the carnivore.
- Opening this fall.
A New Steakhouse to Open in a Center City Landmark [KYW Newsradio 1060]