Comcast Just Partnered With Amazon to Launch Prime Video on X1 Platform
Xfinity customers will soon have access to thousands of additional shows and movies through Amazon Prime Video.
Comcast and Amazon are now partners, and the duo’s first play is integrating Prime Video on the Xfinity X1 platform.
Later this year, Xfinity TV customers will have access to thousands of additional shows and movies through the integration. The partnership also represents the first time Amazon Video content will be integrated on an MVPD platform in the country.
The integration also ensures that the X1 platform stays relevant and fresh as consumers increasingly opt to cut the cable cord and stream content online.
And Amazon Prime video will definitely boost up X1’s offerings. Originals like Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Goliath and Sneaky Pete will now be available alongside content already available on X1 like BBC’s Killing Eve and NBC’s Shade of Blue.
Since Comcast integrated Netflix on the X1 platform in 2016, that popular content will still be available as well.
In a news release, Comcast listed the following additional perks that customers can take advantage of:
- Catch up on current hits like Mr. Robot and American Horror Story with all prior seasons from Prime Video.
- Access Prime Video’s growing library of 4K HDR content with a compatible X1 set-top box.
- Watch recent hits like Suits, The Americans, Downton Abbey, and The Good Wife or complete seasons of classics like Friday Night Lights and Dawson’s Creek – all available on Prime Video.
- Access titles for rental or purchase and add on a selection of over 160 Prime Video Channels, including Showtime and STARZ.
- Launch Prime Video content, by saying “Amazon Prime Video” into the X1 Voice Remote, or by opening it directly from the X1 apps menu.
Comcast has not yet announced exactly when the Amazon Prime Video app will launch on X1 later this year.