Thirsty Thursday: The Bubbly Strawberry Cocktail You Have to Try
Throughout the summer, we’ll be bringing you healthier cocktail recipes concocted by Philly craft bartender and the brain behind Spirit Forward, Dan Hamm, who believes strongly in the powers of fresh herbs and fruits when it comes to whipping up a good drink.
It’s Thursday and, boy, are we thirsty over here in Be Well Philly Land. You too, you say? Well, we’ve got just the fix: This week’s cocktail, called Off the Vine, features refreshing fresh strawberries, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, some elderflower liqueur, gin and champagne. It’s a doozy — and it’s so easy to make! Free of sugary simple syrups and juices, you won’t feel too bad about drinking it, either. Cheers!
Recipe: Off the Vine
1 Strawberry, muddled
1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
3/4 oz. St. Germain
1.5 oz. London Dry Gin
2.5 oz. champagne
1. Pour all ingredients except champagne into a shaker.
2. Shake and strain into a champagne flute.
3. Top with champagne and enjoy!
Like what you’re reading? Stay in touch with Be Well Philly—here’s how:
- Like Be Well Philly on Facebook
- Follow Be Well Philly on Twitter
- Follow Be Well Philly on Pinterest
- Get the Be Well Philly Newsletter