The Cheat Sheet: Fish
When I think of fish, I think of Fish—with a capital F. That’s the restaurant that recently moved to 13th and Locust, and it fits the good-for-me bill perfectly. Sure, there are some rich, soulful options if that’s what you’re into, but when it come to fresh, colorful fare they have you more than covered. The portions are hearty so go ready to share if you really want to dive into the seasonal offerings. The colorful plates and use of produce is a true highlight; I always say the more colorful your food the more nourishing the meal.
Here are my picks:
Crudo >> The perfect start to a meal. All options here are light and fresh as fresh can be.
• Salmon belly with Himalayan salt, lemon and chive
• Hiramasa with tamari (soy sauce), cucumber and lime >> This dish is my favorite!
• Smoked marlin tacos with crispy shallot and pickled jalapeño
• Tuna panzanella with roasted pepper, red onion, pickled cherry tomato, caper, crumbled egg and rustic bread >> Hearty, no?
• Char-grilled octopus with yogurt, avocado, Fresno chile and savory oats
• Halibut with carrot puree, rock shrimp, spinach gnudi, kumquat and bacon
• Loch Duart salmon with oyster mushroom, kataifi, gnocchi, Chinese broccoli, soft poached egg and sesame
Have a restaurant you’d like us to Cheat Sheet? Let us know in the comments!
Restaurant menus are reviewed by Phillies dietitian and owner of Healthy Bites Katie Cavuto Boyle. In most cases, the individual restaurants were contacted for specific ingredient and recipe information. Note: Many restaurants have seasonal menus and some items may not be available.