MORNING TEA: Bradley Cooper Technically Owns Ellen’s Oscar Selfie
TMZ reports that Bradley Cooper — not Ellen — actually owns the most famous selfie in the world:
Here’s the way it works … the person who owns the now-famous photo is the person who actually took it … NOT the person who owns the camera or organized the shoot. … So unless Bradley signed his rights away to the Academy, he’s the copyright owner. Any use of the pic without his permission is a violation of the copyright.
Oops. Should I have emailed him before using it above?
More morning headlines:
- Oscar telecast ratings hit 10-year high.
- The Oscar pizza guy got tipped $1,600 for serving pizza at the Academy Awards.
- Turkey bans Nymphomaniac sex scenes.
- Scarlett Johansson is five months preggers.
- Jay-Z’s Roc Nation to represent Kanye West.
- Kurt Cobain’s old roommate allegedly selling the Nirvana singer’s stuff on Cragislist.